Within the area of â€‹â€‹Natural Resources, he has worked intensely in project financing, negotiation of contracts with the Venezuelan government, assistance in the incorporation and operation of joint ventures, implementation of corporate and tax planning with foreign companies. Implementation of Investment Protection Treaties signed with Venezuela, as well as international contracting.
Positions and Recognitions
June 2007 to date, free exercise of the profession.
January 2007 -June 2007 Foreign Legal Advisor at the firm Ruden McClosky, offices in Miami, Florida, USA.
April 2003 to December 2006, Senior Partner of the Law Firm, members of the firm Ruden McClosky SC, in Caracas, Venezuela, whose head office operates in the city of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA (included in the publication “Latin Lawyer” 250).
1994-2003 Founding Partner and principal of the law firm Neher, von Siegmund Rengifo & Diquez, currently CLA Consultores Legales Asociados (also included in the publication “Latin Lawyer” 250, 1995).
1990-1993 Junior Member and Coordinator of the Corporate and Natural Resources Department of Hoet PelÃ¡ez Castillo & Duque (formerly Bentata, Hoet & Asociados), Caracas, Venezuela; 1993-1994.
Foreign Visiting Attorney of the Capital Markets and Mining Department at Lang, Michener, Lawrence & Shaw, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Legal Assistant, Legal Consultancy, Foreign Bank (Foreign Group), Caracas, Venezuela, during the period 1987-1990.
- “Cross Border Finance-the Venezuelan Experience”, published by Latin Lawyer Review Project Finance 2001.
- “Remedies for Foreign Sellers of Goods in Venezuela”, published in 1997 by Sweet & Maxwell with the support of the Center of International Studies of Salzburg, Austria.
- “A Golden Age for Mining in Venezuela”, published by Latin American Reporters, Volume 1 - No. 1, May 1993.
- Speaker before the Tulane Latin American Law Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2002, with the theme “Doing Business in Latin America in the Natural Resources Sector”.
- Florida Bar Association, Miami, Florida, March 2002, with the theme “Exchange Controls Mechanisms in Venezuela”.
- Speaker before the International Bar Association, regional conference in Cuzco, Peru, April 2002 with the theme “Concessions Regime in Venezuela”.
- Speaker and Moderator of the Panel of the International Bar Association, regional conference in Cancun, Mexico, October 2001, with the theme “Trade Regulations in Venezuela”.
- Speaker of the Interamerican Bar Association, conference in Lima, Peru, 1998 with the theme “Mining in Venezuela”.
- “Prospectors and Developers Association”, (PDA) Toronto, Canada, Member since 1993; Director of Legal Affairs of the Venezuelan Mining Chamber (CAMIVEN), 2002-2005.
- Principal Director, member of the Board of Directors of Minera Hecla Venezolana, C.A. 1999-2006, a subsidiary of Hecla Mining Company, which operates gold and silver mines in North America and Mexico since 1896.
- Director and Legal Advisor of the Venezuelan Gold Association since 1996.
- Member of the International Association of Mining Professionals, between the years 1999-2008, Member of the Venezuelan American Chamber VENAMCHAM, since 1995.
- Founding Member of the Association of Young Lawyers and Law Students of the World Association of Lawyers (Chapter Venezuela); Honorary Member of the “Association of Fellows and Law Scholars of the Center for International Legal Studies”.
- Mining and Oil Law (Natural Resources).
- Foreign Investments.
- Corporate, Commercial and Banking Law in general.
- Maritime Law.
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello,Caracas, Venezuela. Lawyer graduated in 1990.
- Law School of the University of Tulane, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Master of Laws (L.L.M) mention Maritime Law and Master of Commerce and International Finance, 1991.
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello and the IESA, Management Program for Lawyers, 2005-2006.